Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

why did I choose this profession again....

AHHH..horrible day at work yesterday and it is amazing how one patient can determine that! The dental field is a crazy profession because dental patients( at least in our rural area) have these expectations of what they want their smile to be transformed to but do not want to commit any time or cost to doing it only they will just do what insurance will cover. And no one ever takes accountability for their actions. It is the dental providers fault completely. No, I, the dental hygienist did not make you smoke cigarettes for 50+ yrs and still going or make you drink soda/juice all day instead of any water and it is not my fault you are too lazy to take care of your teeth by brushing and flossing every day---brush the ones you want to keep people!! AHHH! This patient mind you I have told her the entire time I have seen her( for 3 yrs now) that she has periodontal disease but refuses to go to the periodontist or do anything about it like committing to more frequent recalls and yesterday I am the liar she has never been told this information before and does not want to loose anymore teeth...WHAT the Heck?!? At that point I was done and passed it over to my dentist to handle and I refused to see her ever again! How can one person make you doubt yourself so much? I know I bear way too much and take way too much personal just one of those days! Thanks for letting me vent I appreciate it and hope I will get a better attitude real quick! All my love~G

No comments:

Post a Comment