Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Justin's the big 3-0

This weekend we celebrated Justin's 30th birthday on Saturday. His sister Janelle is here in town for a week and a half and her bday was a couple days before his so we celebrated her bday as well. (Mallory did her first road trip going down to Oklahoma City airport to pick up Aunt Janelle and she did pretty good for a whole afternoon/evening in the car.) It was pretty fun for them to be together to celebrate and I think they had a pretty good time together. Festivities are still stretched out even to this Friday for them as well, lucky dogs! This past weekend we had a couple of friends over to watch the OU vs Tech game to celebrate the big three-ohh. I dressed myself and Mallory in OU gear just because it was Justin's bday- we were both quietly rooting for Tech but our cheers went unheard as OU blew them out of the water- poor Tech.

















This past weekend we also made a trip to Stillwater so Aunt Janelle could see the kids there since they could not come to Enid because Shana was studying for midterms. Mallory did very good on the trip there and even stayed asleep so I could eat lunch but the afternoon was not so good for her. After she ate she completely threw up which was a first for Justin and me as parents! These past few days have been pretty hard for me adjusting to motherhood. It is so hard when she is up for hours at night and nothing I do can soothe her, absolutely breaks my heart. I am loosing faith in myself of how good a mom I am these past few days. Everyone keeps reassuring me how much better it gets and I know it will it is just hard for me right now. I think Mallory got the short end of the stick in the mom department and needs a better one for sure!
sending all our love~G, J and MJ

4 comments:

  1. G-
    You are absolutely amazing!! Please dont doubt yourself for one second!! Mallory is so blessed to have you and Justin as parents!

    Motherhood is THE HARDEST thing you will ever do, and it is definitely hard the first 6 weeks or so. They are so rough! You get no sleep and no time for yourself....and your hormones are all over the place. I remember crying over every little thing the first couple of weeks. I promise it does get so much easier as the weeks go by. Hang in there! I know you are doing a great job!! If you ever need to talk or vent or whatever, please dont hesitate to call!

    Give Mallory big hugs and kisses for me! And Happy 30th to Justin. Looks like yall had a great weekend!!! Love you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina...I love all the pics thanks for sharing! I know everyone tells you that it gets easier and it really does it gets easier and better! Mallory is a lucky little lady to have such a wonderful loving mom and someone that loves her so much!! I use to get mad/frustrated with Justin because it seemed I was the only one freaking out and having a hard time adjusting! I hope this is a better week! Love you!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom always told me (when Tatum was "new") THIS TOO SHALL PASS. It annoyed the hell out of me then because I was sleep deprived, hormonal, and losing my mind, BUT it's SO TRUE. It's my little mantra now. Just wait a few more weeks until she sleeps more at night. It's absolutely miraculous what a few extra house of sleep can do to your patience, mood, and confidence. I'm on round two in the mom department and still feel like a lousy mom a lot. I had a whole pity party on the phone with Zach just yesterday morning. :) Hang in there Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HANG IN THERE GINA!!! you are doing great. Both Mallory and Jonesy are lucky have you. Jess and I hope to visit you guys soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete